Climate of Hanoi, Vietnam Average Weather
- Hanoi, Vietnam is at 21°1'N, 105°52'E, 16 m (52 ft). See map.
- Hanoi has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Hanoi is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 24.1 degrees Celsius (75.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 13 °C (23.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 21°C (69.8°F) on average falling to 14°C (57.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 27.7°C (81.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 20.3°C (68.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32.7°C (90.8°F) and average low temperatures are 26°C (78.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 28.7°C (83.6°F) during the day and lows of 21.3°C (70.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1680 mm (66.1 inches) which is equivalent to 1680 Litres/m² (41.21 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1167 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Hanoi you would come out nearest to the climate station at Iquique-Diego Aracena, Chile where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Hanoi, Vietnam Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kunming, China - 549.8 kms (341.6 miles) NW
- Kengtung, Myanmar - 648.7 kms (403.1 miles) W
- Chiang Rai, Thailand - 634.7 kms (394.4 miles) W
- Luang Prabang, Laos - 409.4 kms (254.4 miles) WSW
- Nan/ Muang Nan, Thailand - 590 kms (366.7 miles) WSW
- Phrae, Thailand - 679.2 kms (422.1 miles) WSW
- Vientiane, Laos - 487 kms (302.6 miles) SW
- Loei, Thailand - 589.1 kms (366 miles) SW
- Nakhon Phanom, Thailand - 417.9 kms (259.7 miles) SSW
- Udon Thani, Thailand - 518 kms (321.9 miles) SW
- Sakon Nakhon, Thailand - 467.6 kms (290.6 miles) SSW
- Savannakhet, Laos - 514.7 kms (319.8 miles) SSW
- Mukdahan/ Bakhon Pha, Thailand - 514.8 kms (319.9 miles) SSW
- Khon Kaen, Thailand - 602.8 kms (374.6 miles) SSW
- Roi Et, Thailand - 600.6 kms (373.2 miles) SSW
- Ubon/ Ratchathani Ab, Thailand - 651.7 kms (405 miles) S
- Pakse, Laos - 658 kms (408.9 miles) S