Hanoi Climate & Temperature
- Hanoi, Vietnam is at 21°1'N, 105°52'E, 16 m (52 ft). See map.
- Hanoi has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Hanoi is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 24.1 degrees Celsius (75.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 13 °C (23.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 21°C (69.8°F) on average falling to 14°C (57.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 27.7°C (81.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 20.3°C (68.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32.7°C (90.8°F) and average low temperatures are 26°C (78.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 28.7°C (83.6°F) during the day and lows of 21.3°C (70.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1680 mm (66.1 inches) which is equivalent to 1680 Litres/m² (41.21 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1167 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Hanoi you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Iquique-Diego Aracena, Chile where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Hanoi Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Hanoi Climate Graph in Metric Units
Hanoi Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Hanoi, Vietnam Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kunming, China - 549.8 kms (341.6 miles) NW
- Kengtung, Myanmar - 648.7 kms (403.1 miles) W
- Chiang Rai, Thailand - 634.7 kms (394.4 miles) W
- Luang Prabang, Laos - 409.4 kms (254.4 miles) WSW
- Nan/ Muang Nan, Thailand - 590 kms (366.7 miles) WSW
- Phrae, Thailand - 679.2 kms (422.1 miles) WSW
- Vientiane, Laos - 487 kms (302.6 miles) SW
- Loei, Thailand - 589.1 kms (366 miles) SW
- Nakhon Phanom, Thailand - 417.9 kms (259.7 miles) SSW
- Udon Thani, Thailand - 518 kms (321.9 miles) SW
- Sakon Nakhon, Thailand - 467.6 kms (290.6 miles) SSW
- Savannakhet, Laos - 514.7 kms (319.8 miles) SSW
- Mukdahan/ Bakhon Pha, Thailand - 514.8 kms (319.9 miles) SSW
- Khon Kaen, Thailand - 602.8 kms (374.6 miles) SSW
- Roi Et, Thailand - 600.6 kms (373.2 miles) SSW
- Ubon/ Ratchathani Ab, Thailand - 651.7 kms (405 miles) S
- Pakse, Laos - 658 kms (408.9 miles) S